San Luis Obispo, located on California’s central coast, is a beautiful city known for its historic architecture, scenic views, and outdoor activities. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, there’s always something to do in San Luis Obispo. Here are 10 Things to do in San Luis Obispo CA.
- Hike Bishop Peak – Bishop Peak is a popular hiking spot in San Luis Obispo with stunning views of the city and surrounding hills. The hike is about 3.5 miles round trip and takes about 2-3 hours to complete. Make sure to bring plenty of water and wear comfortable shoes.
- Visit the San Luis Obispo Farmers Market – Every Thursday evening, Higuera Street in downtown San Luis Obispo transforms into a lively farmers market. You can browse local produce, artisanal goods, and street food while enjoying live music and entertainment.
- Explore the Historic Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa – The Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa was founded in 1772 and is one of the oldest missions in California. Visitors can take a guided tour of the mission and learn about its history and significance.
- Go wine tasting in Edna Valley – San Luis Obispo is located in the heart of California’s wine country, and Edna Valley is home to some of the best wineries in the area. You can spend a day exploring the wineries and tasting some of the region’s finest wines.
- Visit Montana de Oro State Park – Montana de Oro State Park is a beautiful coastal park with hiking trails, beaches, and stunning ocean views. You can spend a day hiking, swimming, or just relaxing on the beach.
- Take a stroll through the Historic Downtown District – San Luis Obispo’s Historic Downtown District is full of charming shops, restaurants, and historic buildings. You can spend an afternoon exploring the area and admiring the architecture.
- Visit the San Luis Obispo Children’s Museum – The San Luis Obispo Children’s Museum is a fun and educational attraction for kids of all ages. The museum features interactive exhibits on science, art, and technology.
- Take a scenic drive along Highway 1 – Highway 1 is one of the most scenic drives in the country, and San Luis Obispo is located right on the route. You can take a leisurely drive along the coast and enjoy the breathtaking views.
- Visit the Hearst Castle – The Hearst Castle is located just a short drive from San Luis Obispo and is a must-see attraction for history buffs and architecture enthusiasts. The castle was built by newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst and features stunning architecture and artwork.
- Go to a Cal Poly game – San Luis Obispo is home to California Polytechnic State University, and the school’s athletic teams are known as the Cal Poly Mustangs. You can catch a game of football, basketball, or another sport and cheer on the home team.
San Luis Obispo is a wonderful city with something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in outdoor activities, history and culture, or just relaxing on the beach, you’re sure to find something to do in San Luis Obispo, CA.